Learning Web App Development
by Semmy Purewal
Is This Book For You?
You'll get the most out of this book if you have a little experience programming and no previous experience with web development. At minimum, you probably should have seen basic programming constructs like 'if-else' statements, loops, variables, and data types. That said, I won't assume that you have any experience with object-oriented programming, nor any particular programming language.
This book will give you a solid foundation in the essential topics that you'll need in order to understand how the pieces of a modern web app fit together.
[...]This book was absolutely perfect for learning how to build a web application from scratch.
- Set up a basic workflow with a text editor, version control system, and web browser
- Structure a user interface with HTML, and include styles with CSS
- Learn the basics of server-side programming with Node.js
- Store data outside your application with Redis and Mongo DB
- Share your application by uploading it to the cloud with CloudFoundry
- Get basic tips for writing maintainable code on both the client and server